Thursday, May 15, 2008

still life with apples

Tim Rudder and I decided to shoot apples to practice still life lighting. I'm not real excited about my results, but ran out of playtime for today. I wanted the light to just illuminate the rim and make it look like a flower. Didn't really like the placement of the highlights in the first shot.

Flower Appple


I wanted the highlight to be more like a ring shape around the rim after countless trial and error I finally more or less acheived it by bouncing the flash off a white card that was held very near the apple. In this setup shot you can see I used this black curtain to hide the flash itself.



Lips Apple:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the moody interpretation.
interesting that we both ended up bouncing a light from above.

May 15, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home